Friday, September 01, 2006

Eyes Wide Shut

Have you ever passed judgment on someone, simply because of their age and/or the way they look? I have and recently and I almost missed out on meeting and getting to know an amazing person.

Recently I met someone. Someone who's smart, funny, interesting, intriguing, sexy and mature. Someone I almost passed up because he's a few years younger them me and "there was no way in hell I could find myself connected to such a man." (I know that sounds completely crazy and yes, I am crazy. But, please bear with me and hopefully I'll be able to explain.)

Don't worry, I'm not getting ahead of myself here. Just because I MAY want to get in to this hot, 23 year old guys pants, this fact has nothing to do what what I'm about to say....

ok maybe a little... HA!

Everyone has a soul mate, right? At least that's what I believe. People all over the world believe that we are all searching for someone to make us whole and to share our journey of life with. The word "Soul mate" is a term that is seriously over used and not always really understood.

So, I did some research and found a few things....

----------------------------------------------
The Classical - Greek mythology of soul mates:
According to the story, our ancestors once had 2 heads, 4 arms. They did something to offend god so that god punished them by splitting them down the middle. Resulting in the creation of humans. As a punishment, we are condemned to spend our lives searching for the other half, our soul mate.
----------------------------------------------
Soul mate definitions:
Two people compatible with each other in point of view, or sensitivity. Someone who you have a deep affinity.

A soul mate is someone who has the locks to fit our keys, and the keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are.
----------------------------------------------

Isn't that beautiful? It almost makes you want to puke!

Anyway, all that being said, have you ever found yourself talking to someone and you feel completely comfortable, almost too comfortable. There's no awkward beginning, it's just seamless. You find yourself constantly amazed by that person.

There's an extraordinary level of communication that you can't explain to anyone, but yet you both seem to understand. You can just be together without even having to talk. It is not a physical experience although passion, attraction and arousal is definitely present.

The other persons mind, attracted you like an aphrodisiac undiscovered by man and you can't seem to get enough. The energy flowing from each other is incredible, and it sometimes can scare the hell out of you both.

I asked a few people what they thought a soul mate was. The answers were all very similar, "The one person who know me better then I know myself and they still love and accept me." Wow, that's powerful!

I've also found in my research, that no matter the age, male or female most people have this same thought and hope.

It's amazing how even though as we get older, we THINK we know what we want out of life. Yet, we still allow our own hang-ups, and pre-conceived notions to get in the way. We think our eyes are wide open, but in reality they're still closed tightly.

Don't keep your eyes closed, open them up and truly see. Who knows, you might just meet your soul mate...or have some really great sex! Either way, it's a win win situation!

----------------------------------------------

Quick side note! Please vote for the blogger "who you would like to sex up for a night?"

Just scroll down to "cast your vote" and make your vote count!

Remember, vote now, vote often!

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bet his cock is huge

Tue Aug 29, 01:40:00 AM  
Blogger DS said...

i think that even if this hot 23 year old is or isn't your solemate you should give it a try nothing really to lose

Fri Sep 01, 02:57:00 AM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Anonymous: Yes you do...I mean yes it is...HA!

DS: You're 100% right, I should just go ahead and let it happen. No sense in fighting that hot, 23 year old, muscular body of his... ;-)

Mr. Fab You're a sick, sick man. But, damn funny! :-P

Fri Sep 01, 08:17:00 AM  
Blogger Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

Ohhh, I love the Greek definition—very cool.

Fri Sep 01, 09:29:00 AM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

According to the commercials, my soul mate is waiting for me on eHarmony.com.

Fri Sep 01, 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

The Greeks don't want no freaks(I've been wanting to use that line). So THAT explains the long scar and my head being off-center.

And RevRee, the feelings are mutual. You are too kind. I FEEL 23 even though I'm slightly older.

Even though I no longer have a soul to mate up with, I DO enjoy great sex interspersed with long walks on the beach. Especially at low tide. I like to take along my metal detector. It gets me hot to look for coins and rings (no longer attached, preferrably) with a sexy date in tow.

Having a special gal to do the laundry, cook, and get items from the store is SO romantic.

I am so glad we could connect, let alone have you devote an entire post to me.

Adoringly yours.

Fri Sep 01, 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Pixie: thanks, I thought it was pretty cool too!

Dyckerson: For only $99.99 a month, you too can find your Soul Mate!

Puerileuwaite: You've tempted me greatly...If you're still in to Underwater basket weaving and macaroni art, I'd have sex with you right now...

Fri Sep 01, 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

Is macaroni underwear okay? That way my dates can play "Where's Winky?". Thanks for the link, Rev. Why that's almost BETTER than sex in the woods!

Fri Sep 01, 01:35:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Macaroni boxer briefs? Now that's fuckin hot!

You're welcome, I expect to see my name in lights, cupcake...

Fri Sep 01, 01:42:00 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

The older I get the more I realize that it's not cliche- age IS just a state of mind. Now if you were 83 and he were 23 I might say get your mind out of the gutter, but that's another matter entirely:)

Fri Sep 01, 04:05:00 PM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

Doesn't matter how old RevRee is. I would totally do her.

Fri Sep 01, 06:23:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Janet: You're 100% correct! And thank GOD I'm not 83, that would SUCK!!

puerileuwaite: I'd only allow you to do me if there was cupcakes and handcuffs involved...

Fri Sep 01, 06:36:00 PM  
Blogger Crashtest Comic said...

Sounds to me like someone here (besides me) wants to bang his mother.

www.crashtestcomic.com

Fri Sep 01, 08:22:00 PM  
Blogger Gunngirl said...

I found you through Mr. Fab. But I love your blog.

Now, when I saw the words 'soul mate' I immediately thought of Dawson's Creek. Yes, I watched that show. Ahem. Anyway, they used soul mate to the point that it lost all meaning, but I like your definitions.

Basically, I think that when someone can look past the 'outer' cover, and honestly look at the person's personality, generosity, etc. That's when you've found your soulmate. I think when someone doesn't care about your flaws and truly realizes that they're not what's important, that who are is what matters, you've found your one and only.

Fri Sep 01, 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

Mr. Fab told me you have beer. Id like one please!

Sat Sep 02, 02:13:00 AM  
Blogger Crashtest Comic said...

Beer? Sounds good to me. You buy, I'll fly.

Sat Sep 02, 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Crashtest Comic: What are you smoking?

gunngirl:It sounds like you're on the right track sista!

bluepaintred: Beer?....shit! I'll be back in a little bit!!!!!

Sat Sep 02, 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Hi ya Rev,Yes i have passed judgement because of the
reasons you listed and
some you didn't list.

I still do,i think it's
human nature.
C'ya Ree

Sat Sep 02, 03:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home