Monday, June 26, 2006

The page cannot be displayed

So I've been having this problem for the last week. Basically I can't get on one freaking website on the entire internets. What is that ONE website you ask? Medialine. For some stupid reason whenever I try and attempt to open the web page, I get the following message,


"The page cannot be displayed .
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."



What on God's green earth does this mean? I've never, ever had this trouble before in the past. Then all of a sudden one day, BAMM!!! I can't get on this damn site anymore. I've talked with others who CAN get on the site, and they've had no problems whatsoever.

I've talked to my ISP, I've talked to the site admin. There's nothing wrong on their end. They've suggested it's my computer. I've cleaned out my temp folders, cache, ran Adware, Spybot Search & Distroy, Tend Micro HouseCall and Panda ActiveScan. Nothing seems to work! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROWL!

Well, what the hell is wrong with my stupid computer??? If any one of you out there can help me figure out what's wrong, I swear I'll bake you cookies or something...

7 Comments:

Blogger Gadzie said...

try www.firefox.com It's a free browser. You don't have to use it afterwards but it will test if its your current browser or network related.

Mon Jun 26, 07:40:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Ah, you ain't missing nothin' anyhow, just the same ol', same ol'.

Tue Jun 27, 03:39:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Anthrope said...

I was totally going to suggestwhat gadzilla said.

Tue Jun 27, 08:57:00 AM  
Blogger Quitter said...

Hmm..maybe someone blocked you so you couldn't visit, are we spending a bit too much time there? ;)

I didn't have any problems getting the site to load..did something go wacky in a firewall setting perhaps?

Tue Jun 27, 01:10:00 PM  
Blogger Chief Scientist said...

Tech support is a great way to meet chicks. Sometimes I stand near the help desk at Fry's and when a hot girl comes up and asks me if I work there I say, "No, but I bet I can fix your box."

On days when it works, it's good to be a scientist.

Tue Jun 27, 01:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just remembered we never tried to access said website on said computer in said room. On said day when you get back, come to said person during said person's lunch break and we'll go to the said room to use said room's internet on said person's computer to try accessing said website.

:)

Wed Jun 28, 01:21:00 AM  
Blogger Gregory Stewart said...

Here is my list,

I was not a fan of Leia, but a fan of Han, Luke, and Ben I was of their weapons and ship. My crush at the time was Jaqueline(sp) Smithe (Charlie Angels), Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman), and Sigourney Weaver(Alien Movies and Ghostbuster movies).

I wanted to be Lando Calrissan (Billy Dee Smith) Mr. Smooth on and off the screen. Luke had turned into a geek for me. Harrison Ford was the man for additional style points.

Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troi Next Generation) for me. I like Madonna better as a brunette. But Pat Benator also intrigued me. Connie Nielsen (Gladiator, Mission to Mars) very very compelling.

And yes Lucy Lawless, but what man would not want an Amazon in his bed?

Geena Davis, Kate Jackson--huh just notice no blonds; Halle Barry and Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez (b4 J Lo), Whitney Huston (b4 drugs and Bobby Brown), Julianne Moore, Kirsten Dunst(as a redhead)....okay way too many to list and the brain damage is starting to set in....thats a partial--so there you are

Wed Jun 28, 04:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home