Saturday, June 24, 2006

I Don't Like it and you can't make me!

I had a conversation with a friend of mine recently and we got on the topic of thing we really don't like. Sometimes society makes us think we HAVE to like something just because supposedly the majority of people DO.

Well, I'm here to say that's bull shit! I'm tired of people overactive when they hear I don't like something that maybe a lot of people enjoy. I'm going to go against the grain and list some controversial things that I really don't like. You know what? No one's going to make me like them, ever!

#1. I don't like peanut butter. I never have and I never will. I can remember as a small child, I'd tell my momma that I wanted a snack. Her response to me was as followed

"Go in the refrigerator, get a spoonfuls of peanut butter, it's healthy, it tastes good plus it will satisfy your hunger until dinner"

I DON'T WANT A DAMN SPOONFUL OF PEANUT BUTTER!!! It's gross, sticks to the roof of your mouth, and makes your throat feel like there's something stuck way in the back and anything you do, you can't get rid of it! No matter how much freakin water you drink! And no, milk doesn't help either!!! Oh yeah and that after taste, SUCKS!

#2. I'm not a big fan of other peoples kids. NOW, before you judge me hold on and listen for a second. I want babies more then anything and I hope that one day I will be blessed with them. Nothing is more beautiful then being part of a creation of a child with the person you love.

I just don't like other peoples kids. Ok, maybe "like" isn't the correct wording, maybe it's a bit harsh? Maybe I should say, I don't need to know about your kids. Either way, I honestly don't care of little Jack just learned how to tie his shoes. I really don't care if cute baby Jane fell off her bike this morning. (Although I hope she's alright)

I've written about this before, but I must stress this again. Why do people feel the need to tell me how cute their child is? Yes, I can see with my own eyes if your kids a cutie or not. I don't need you to tell me. I didn't give birth to them, I didn't breast feed them and I'm not raising them, so please LEAVE ME OUT OF IT!!!!!

#3. I don't like Baths. Ok, stop it! I know what you're thinking, "What the hell is up with this caramello??? She doesn't bathe?" Well, I shower everyday, sometimes twice a day. But, I just don't enjoy taking a long hot bath.

Let's take a look at what takes place when having a long hot bath. You're laying there, the waters steaming ( ohhh yeah, that feels nice!!!), you're body's slightly moist from the heat, then all of a sudden the water starts getting cool.

THEN you have to drain some of the water in order to re-heat the damn tub. You're still laying there, book in hand, SHIT the pagers are starting to stick together, what's this? The books wet!!! Not to mention the half bottle of stupid bubble bath you poured in has dissipated and now all you're doing is laying in ice cold bath water.

NO THANK YOU! I'm sticking to my long, hot, steamy, shower!

Thank you, that's all for now!

*Tune in next time as I share a few things I DO like!

17 Comments:

Blogger Chief Scientist said...

Why in hell did she keep peanut butter in the fridge? I eat a big spoonful most every night. It's like a dessert for me, only stuffed with protein. It takes a lot of protein to support all this muscle mass and my enormous penis.

Sat Jun 24, 08:55:00 PM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

I like baths, but only with other people's kids.

Sat Jun 24, 09:00:00 PM  
Blogger Samsara said...

I don't like other peoples' kids either! I like kids in general and all by themselves but get a parent around them and watch how my stomach turns. It's the parents I have problems with if there's to be a problem.

You're right to have a disclaimer after your statement. I was stalked one time because I made a public proclamation that I wanted an option on these cute little tests for when adults sign up for things: ___Proud Parent or ___ No kids yet.

I'm still waiting for the proud to not be a parent checkbox. :)

Cute blog. The Watchdog's site sent me. :)

Sat Jun 24, 09:03:00 PM  
Blogger tfg said...

I don't mind baths. All you need is a couple of chalupas first and you've got an instant bubblebath.

Sat Jun 24, 11:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like blogs.

Sun Jun 25, 12:46:00 AM  
Blogger Gadzie said...

with a tub big enough and the right people, no matter how cool the water gets, its always hot. ;) Add a few corona's and you have a fiesta!

Sun Jun 25, 08:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came across your blog on BOTB :=)

I don't like baths either, showers for me everytime! which is why we had our bath-tub taken out a great shower fitted!

Not over keen on others kids either. I don't mind people telling me about their antics but not when they go on about how handsome or pretty they are. Every parent thinks his/her child is the most beautiful of all anyway, so what's the point.

Yuck peanut butter is the pits! say no more..

Mandy

Sun Jun 25, 01:35:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Moderator: "It takes a lot of protein to support all this muscle mass and my enormous penis" Tell me something I don't know ;-)


Dyckerson: Don't stay in the tub to long. Your skin will wrinkle!

Samsara: Thank you for stopping by :-) You're right, the parents ARE the real problem here! Let's get em!


tfg: Wouldn't the water start to burn?...

KC: I don't like YOU!

Gadzilla: I don't mind a nice big hot tub. That's totally different. I even wrote about a little hot tub adventure
on my blog a few months back.

Mandy: Preach on sista, preach on!

Sun Jun 25, 03:29:00 PM  
Blogger Chief Scientist said...

>>RevRee said...Moderator: "It takes a lot of protein to support all this muscle mass and my enormous penis" Tell me something I don't know ;-)<<

You have an enormous penis too? I knew about all your muscle mass, of course.

Sun Jun 25, 07:19:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Moderator darling, you totally did NOT read what I posted correctly. I was quoting you and agreeing that you had an enormous penis.

HA!

Sun Jun 25, 08:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I can relate to #2. being a parent, I am inevitably around other parents more than I would like. It's always "Jimmy this, and Suzy that..." When they ask me about my kid, the response is usually, "He went to get me a beer."

Sun Jun 25, 09:43:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Blogger said...

Actually NOT every child is thought physically beautiful by their parent. It's the being in love part that influences that. Ever seen someone with an unattractive person? But they're so in love with who that person is..that in their eyes, they're beautiful. Still.. there are those who look at their child and don't like their looks. Trust me.

And I can't speak for the world.. but I certainly will be talking to other moms about something the child/baby did and say "she's so cute".. not meaning her face but what she did..and not even thinking about it. Of course, my 5 kids have all been models at this or that time.. so what the hell do I know :-P

Sun Jun 25, 09:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parents who brag about their kids to non-parents are just trying to get them to join the club... and be as miserable as they are.

Mon Jun 26, 09:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son, Andrew, who is 8 and so adorable, doesn't like peanut butter either. He prefers a cheese and mayo sandwich. I will never forget this one time when he was riding his bike while eating a cheese and mayo sandwich going down our driveway and he fell off.........Oh wait, RULE # 2.... OOPS sorry about that...

LOL

Mon Jun 26, 12:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like peanut butter either. Did you know it takes 850 peanuts to make an 18oz jar of peanut butter? I read that in Maxim.

Regarding baths, doesn't anyone find it mildly disturbing to be sitting in a pool of your own filth for a half hour? Shower, people! Let the gunk go down the drain, not float around your body. Ew.

Mon Jun 26, 04:11:00 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

I'm not a big fan of penut butter either, it makes me sick. But I loved it as a kid especially on apples.

I like a nice hot bubble bath every once in a while, but when you wnat to get clean I agree a shower is a must.

Mon Jun 26, 05:09:00 PM  
Blogger astrocoz said...

I like you...you tell it like it is!

Baths suck! I totally agree with you that a long shower is much better than a long bath.

Anyhow, I came here from Joanna's Paranormal Experience site! So, I guess Blog Explosion works.

Tue Jun 27, 04:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home