Friday, March 10, 2006

I'm a horrible daughter!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever been so stressed out and really busy with life, that a week later you realize that you've forgotten your parents wedding anniversary? Well, that's what I've done. I completely, 100% forgot my parents 36th Wedding Anniversary.

I just so happened to call my parents this afternoon, I was talking to my dad, finally I ask "is mom there? He replies "mom who?..." I giggle (my dad always plays this game with me) I say " dad, you know my mother? The woman you've been married to for 35 years..." He says "You mean 36 years?..." I start screaming AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I'm so sorry!!!

My dad of course starts laughing as he says "yep, it's been the same date for 36 years!" I continue to make a fool out of myself as I keep repeating "I'm so sorry! Oh my gosh, I've never forgotten something like this before!" Finally my dad says, "here talk to your mother" My mom answers, I start screaming again AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I'm so sorry mommy!!! She starts laughing as she says "sweetie, it's ok, I promise, it's alright!!" I continue to say "I'm a horrible daughter. This has never happened to me before!" My mom is so cool, she again assured me that everything was just fine and their feelings weren't hurt.

Moral to this story boys and girls. Don't allow the stresses of life to get in the way of what really matters. Family, friends and enjoying life in general. Stay in school and don't do drugs!

We'll be right back after these messages...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

You should be ashamed of yourself. You're going straight to Hell. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

Sat Mar 11, 06:29:00 AM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Dyckerson, this is not the time or place.

Sat Mar 11, 09:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny. I've never had to remember my parents anniversary because they've been divorced since I was little.

It's not like you forgot their birthday is it? Shish happens Rev. If this is the first time, you're doing pretty damn good.

Mon Mar 13, 08:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home