Monday, February 13, 2006

Drop it like it's hot

"She's a maniac, maniac in the car and she's dancing like she's never danced before She's a maniac, maniac in the car and she's dancing like she's never danced before" ~Michael Sembello

I have a very important confession to make...I am a professional car dancer! For those of you who don't know what a "car dancer" is, It's someone who seriously gets down and drops it like it's hot, while in the car. I'm personally talented in anything from the running man, the cabbage patch, the electric slide and of course any type of techno booty shake!

If you really want to bring down the house, while you're at a stop light, cars all around you, the secret is NO EYE CONTACT! You can NOT look at any of the other drivers around you. They might be enjoying your little dance sensation, but you have no idea! and the beautiful part is, you don't care!

Shake your money maker, clap your hands, stomp your feet and get completely into the music! Just remember, watch the stop lights and drive safely.

The little video clip below is just a small example of what a car dancer truly is. (Make sure your speakers are up and working)



If you have passengers that aren't participating in the dance marathon, have them keep an eye out for you. Have them give you a play by play of some of the reactions from your fellow drivers.

I can't express to you enough how much fun this is! Next time you're driving down the road in town or on the interstate, try it! I promise you'll like it!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My part-time job is deskdancing. It's great because I can do it at my 9to5 and not get fired for it. The down side is that I don't get much exposure.

Seriously - K. Fed has nothun' on me.

Tue Feb 14, 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger 0000 said...

I engage in car dancing often! Someone should Motormouth you. ;o)

Tue Feb 14, 03:05:00 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I'm guilty of this as well, but it's safe to assume that the only stares I get are from people who feel truly sorry for me.

Tue Feb 14, 04:30:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Portland, we should have a Car Dance off!

Idle hun, I don't mean to seem really stupid and or really old *cough* almost 28...but what does Motormouth mean?

Bill, desk dancing is also included in this enjoyable pasttime! Good for you and keep on desk dancing! oh yeah, take pics!

EV, thanks for the comment and welcome to my blog! Hand/Body drama would be in the category of Car Sign Dancing :-P

Tue Feb 14, 08:13:00 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I love car dancing because onece I have to start using my big clown feet to dance. I get all screwed up.

Wed Feb 15, 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Cairde said...

Haa, I love car dancing, especially when someone else who gets embarrassed easily is driving!!

Thu Feb 16, 06:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also a car dancer and singer. It makes the commute to and from work a lot of fun.

Fri Feb 17, 07:29:00 AM  
Blogger 0000 said...

No, no dear...this isn't an age factor...it's an I'm a lazy person and watch too much tv factor.

Motormouth is some (perhaps now defunct) VH1 show where someone can secretly set up their friend's car with hidden cameras and tapes INCRIMINATING footage of them trying to be their own little Aretha or Whitney or Madonna, etc. Then the VH1 crew confronts them.

Pretty funny.

Fri Feb 17, 10:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
» »

Fri Dec 29, 03:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home