Monday, January 23, 2006

RevRee Unplugged

I'm sorry I haven't updated my blog in a few days.
To be truthful folks, I've been pretty down. I'm not really sure what's wrong with me. This is RevRee Unplugged...

Have any of you had that time in your life, when nothing really matters. You feel like everything around you is slowly falling apart and there's not a damn thing you or anyone else can do about it. Nothing can make you smile, no one understands and the stupidest things make you cry like a baby. Just today, I went to the movies alone and YES, I go to the freakin' movies by myself. Is there something wrong with that? I didn't think so.

Anyway, I'm at the movies...I see a scene and I just start weeping like a little child. I'm thinking to myself "What the hell is wrong with me???" But yet, I continued to cry my eyes out. They say crying is good for you...I think it is. I've talked to people before, asking how they feel about crying. Some think crying is for babies, others think it's good to let out the emotions pent up so deep inside your mind, body and soul.

Sometimes, I find the saddest songs ever made and make myself a play list. Turn out all the lights, sit back closing my eyes and just listen. It may sound really depressing, but I find that it clears my mind allowing me to let go and just be.

I thought I'd list some of the songs that are always on my sad play list.

I Miss You~Incubus
Wish You Were Here ~Pink Floyd
Mad World~Gary Jules
No Ordinary Morning~Chicane
No Woman No Cry~Bob Marley
The Warmth~Incubus
Where Did You Sleep Last Night~Nirvana
Lay Me On The Water~Gavin DeGraw
Hurt~Johnny Cash
Undenied~Portishead
It's Over and Done With~Proclaimers
See You When You Get There~Coolio
Dying To Live~Johnny Lang

Please feel free to use this play list if you ever find yourself feeling alone, unwanted, on the outside of life looking in, lost or just need a good soulful cry!

I Remember someone once told me, "every thing's going to be alright, I promise!" I hope that's true...

9 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I listen to Steely Dan when I get depressed. It just reminds me that life could get worse. I sit and think to myself, "At least I'm not Steely Dan." Seriously, they're awful.

You actually sound more bored than anything. Have you thought about a vacation? A change of scenery and a pair of cabana boys would do you good.

Tue Jan 24, 12:47:00 AM  
Blogger Chief Scientist said...

I cried when my chick caught me cheating and yelled at me, but I forgave her for it.

Tue Jan 24, 02:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try these: David Gray: Shine, Otis Redding: I've been loving you too long, & Coldplay: Track 4 on X&Y.

I'll be that man who admits to crying. But then again my life is worth crying over.... (Sniff, Sniff)

Tue Jan 24, 08:04:00 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

There is nothing wrong with crying at the movies. You were probably watching Cheaper By the Dozen 2 and upset you paid 10 bucks to see it.

I usually handle depression by sleeping 12 hours a day and masturbating for the other 12.
I think i prefer that actually.

Tue Jan 24, 10:17:00 AM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Rev, I guess this isn't a good time to tell you I've been sleeping with your sister...

Tue Jan 24, 05:30:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

You're a bastard

Tue Jan 24, 06:09:00 PM  
Blogger Cairde said...

I sometimes feel like the Queen of Crying...just a slight twinge of negative emotion and the flood gates open. I don't know what it is. Can only blame pms one week of the month, the rest of the time I just blame this stupid society. Screw em all, find a comfy corner of your house, slap on the tunes and break out the tissues!

Tue Jan 24, 08:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is how I feel everyday.

Wed Jan 25, 07:43:00 PM  
Blogger 0000 said...

I love Fix You on Coldplay, bill!
A tearjerker fo-sho.

And there's this Boyz-to-Men song that makes me cry everytime, except I don't know what it's called and it's not going to do any good to say, "You know, that *slow* BTM song..."


And for some reason Brandy makes me cry. That song, "He is." Of course, maybe its just because I feel bad for her that she faked a marriage...*COUGH*COUGH*

Keep ya chin up, Rev.

Thu Jan 26, 08:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home