Thursday, February 23, 2006

That's Balder than Kojak's Head

So the other day I go to get a new tire for me car. The tire I had was extremely bad. I'm talking about to the point of having a huge lump. Now, I know what you're thinking

HOW THE HELL DID I LET IT GET THAT BAD??

Well, to be perfectly honest, I have no idea. When it comes to car maintenance and mechanics, I'm not too bright. To give you an example, back in college I once blew up the engine of my car not once, but twice! SHUDUP!, STOP JUDGING ME!

So anyway, I get to the tire shop. I had gotten tires for my car about a year ago at this same place. The tires have a lifetime warranty. So the obvious choice would be to go back to the tire store and get a new tire, no charge right? WRONG! I get there, and stand in line for what seems to be eternity.

Finally one of the mechanics notices that I'm patiently waiting. He asks with a slight annoyed tone to his voice "May I help you??" I simply yet sweetly say "My tire is about to go and I need to get a new one...I have a..." The guy cuts me off "which tire is it???" I again simply yet sweetly reply "well, it's my back passenger tire and I have a..." He cuts me off again "you're damn right you have a bad tire. This things balder than Kojak's head!..." I guess that was suppose to be funny??... NOT! I, of course being the cute, sweet person that I am, give him a slight laugh in hopes of at least charming him a bit. He continues "so you want a new tires then???"

I reply quickly "yesandIhaveawarrentytoo" He stops, looks back at the tire again and says "Nah, that's not our tire...you didn't get that from us" I quickly look up at him "What? Yes I did get the tire from here, just over a year ago..." He puts down his clip board and pen, and starts walking away from me as he screams across the garage "HEY, BERTHA, SOME LADY SAYS SHE GOT TIRES HERE BUT THEY SURE DON'T LOOK LIKE OURS. COME TAKE A LOOK"

This very manly woman comes walking over. I'm at this point getting a little pissed off. She comes over, doesn't say a word to me, looks down at the tire, quickly says "Nope, not our tire" I say "Excuse me? I bought this tire from this place one year ago!" she also cuts me off ""Well, I've worked here for 3 years and I've never seen that brand of tire" I'm starting to get upset by this time and I say "So you're implying that I'm a liar?" The SHE-MALE doesn't say a damn thing, she just walks off.

I'm standing there in complete amazement. I turn to the other guy and ask him "So you're saying I didn't get the tire here???" He doesn't look at me, he continues to look down at his little clip board and says "You want a tire then?..." I just look at him. I'm so angry and annoyed that I can't even speak. Finally I'm able to say something like "of course I'm going to need a tire. It's about to blow up"

He proceeds to take my keys and says to go wait in the lobby area. I'm so pissed off I think I had fire coming from my eyes. I walk into the lobby and wait. The sales clerk walks up to me, asking if I've been helped. I begin to tell him how I had gotten tires at this very place one year ago. He says he'll look in the computer. As he's typing in my info, I observe that this guy probably in his mid 20's had hickeys all over his neck! I'm talking black, blue, purple! I started to gag, but thankfully I was able to hold it in. Finally he says, yeah, you got tires from us about a year ago. I'm about to say something but he too cuts me off " HEY HAL, THIS LADY DID BUY TIRES FROM US! WILL YOU GO TAKE LOOK AT THE TIRE"

Hal, is the SOB manager whom I hadn't met until right then. He walks up, doesn't address me, but asks the clerk which car. The clerk points to mine and the SOB manager walks over to my little baby. He comes back quickly, stepping in the doorway again not talking to me, but says to the clerk "Listen, SHE did NOT get the tire here. That tire IS NOT from us. I don't care what SHE says, there is no way that tire is from here." Now, I'm standing not 5 feet from the guy as he says this. I begin to laugh (I do that when I'm about to lose my temper) I say "So, you're saying I didn't buy it here and I'm telling you I didn't buy my tires anyplace else. Bottom line, you're telling ME THAT I'M A LIAR?!" The SOB manager still will not even look at me. He just walks away. I turn and look at the clerk saying "This is unbelievable..." The clerk says "So, you wanna pay now or wait?" What the FUCK? I felt like I was in some type or nightmare! Finally, I just look at him and walk away.

*I did end up getting my tire fixed there. I really had no choice. After all the tire was balder than Kojak's head...

10 Comments:

Blogger Gadzie said...

Girls should never go alone to repair shops. ALWAYS take a GUY with you. Unfortunatly, its the way of the world. :(

Thu Feb 23, 05:56:00 PM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

I bet that was a TIRING experience!

Get it? TIRING?? I kill myself!

Thu Feb 23, 09:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Can't you just throw it through the window like that little old lady in the commercial?

Thu Feb 23, 10:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In England tired are called rubbers. I bet had you asked the first guy for a replacement rubber he would have quickly obliged.

Fri Feb 24, 02:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be more forceful Rev! They had your info in the computer but they count on the fact that you'll give in if they hold their ground.

Any time I go to get something fixed, I ask for my old parts after they say they're finished so I know I didn't get ripped off.

Call the BBB on these guys.

Fri Feb 24, 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger Cairde said...

Wow, I would have rather blown all 4 tires driving to the next mechanic shop than pay those bastards a dime. You are far more patient than I. Still, the urge to light the old tired ablaze and roll it into their shop must have been overwhelming. :)

Fri Feb 24, 05:53:00 PM  
Blogger Chief Scientist said...

Who buys one tire? You're asking for trouble. And is there anything else bald regarding you that you want to disclose?

Sat Feb 25, 02:55:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

"Is there anything else bald regarding you that you want to disclose?"

Lets just say, you may not be able to see your reflection, but by no means is it a jungle...

Sat Feb 25, 03:50:00 PM  
Blogger somewherein72 said...

It's comforting to know that the disaffected rednecks who are consistently rude to people do exist outside the Southeastern United States.

Whatever happened to 'The customer is always right."

What a bunch of tubeless hicks, they must be riding on their rims.

Mon Feb 27, 01:18:00 AM  
Blogger 0000 said...

OMG what asshats!

Mon Feb 27, 11:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home