Wednesday, March 01, 2006

3PM TOMORROW

If you took your last breath at 3pm tomorrow. What would be the one thing you would regret not doing?

I was asked this question the other day, and it got me thinking. What have I been doing with my life? Am I doing what I want? There's so many thing I still want out of life. Just because I don't have things like, a husband or children, that doesn't mean my life should be put on hold, until these things come. My grandfather is a very wise man and he always tells me "RevRee angel, don't just get by in your life. Live it!"He's absolutely right, damnit!

I'm going to be 28 this year. My career is going very well, I have a good group of friends, a nice home, life is good. Just because I don't have a man or babies, why should I feel like my life is wasting away?

Just because most of my childhood friends are now married with children, just because my younger cousins are married with freaking children, just because my 18 year old brother gets more action then me...I shouldn't feel like an old maid and a pathetic loser, right? RIGHT!!! I should shout it from the rooftop, I'M NOT PATHETIC!!!!

sometimes, we need to remind ourselves that we're alive and things really aren't that bad! As a single unattached person, I have all the possibilities in the world to do whatever I want, when I want!

Someone once said to me, "The only thing holding you back from doing the things you want and getting what you want out of life, is yourself" Wow, what a statement...the only reason I haven't traveled to Italy, seen the ocean or learned to drive a stick shift, is because I didn't just go out and do it! What keeps me from doing these things? I think it's a combo of fear, procrastination and self doubt. I don't want to fear anymore, I don't want to put things off anymore and I don't want to doubt myself anymore. I only have this life to live once, and I want to live my life to it's fullest!

It's getting late, I guess I'll start tomorrow...

16 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

If you took your last breath at 3pm tomorrow. What would be the one thing you would regret not doing?

Not unplugging my fucking clock at 2:59pm.

Wed Mar 01, 09:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried some self affirmation once at the top of a parking garage by yelling out to any who could hear: "I don't need sex to be happy!"



Then the hooker asked for her 40 bucks, and left.

Wed Mar 01, 11:58:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

You seriously can't win in this world...people expect you to be married with kids at 28?

I'm 21, got married last year, and all I ever hear from people is 'Wow, 21?! You're far too young to be married!' It really, really annoys me.

We can do whatever we want in life, it's not up to other people (like you, I've fallen prey to procrastination over the past couple of years).

And you work in the media, right? Can I be you for the day, please?

Thu Mar 02, 07:34:00 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Ooh, you've been Smacked!

Thu Mar 02, 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Newsbitch, what kinda media are you hoping to get in to? I do work in the media (Television news) I have to admit, I love it! Come on over sometime, I'll give you a tour of the station!

Thu Mar 02, 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Hehe thanks! Television news?! *envy envy envy*

I'm aiming to become a local reporter; TV, radio or print.

Thu Mar 02, 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Bitch, you've got to be kidding. Run - don't walk - from a career in the media.

Thu Mar 02, 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Dyck, behave!

NewsBitch, if you want a career in the media, you gotta do it because you enjoy it not because of the money. That's one of the down sides to this business.

Thu Mar 02, 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger 0000 said...

Well said, rev. Go get em!

Thu Mar 02, 11:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's easy to get caught up in the grind. It's even easier to get caught up in the grind with a spouse and kids. I finally ditched the spouse so...

So get out there and turn you dreams into goals and then turn those goals into experiences and memories.

Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! REV ON THREE! ONE TWO THREE, REV!

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

...sorry, I got a little carried away

Thu Mar 02, 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Hahhahah very nice Bill! Thank's I needed that!

Thu Mar 02, 02:35:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Hey Freaken, Welcome! Thank you so much for checking out my blog!

Yeah, it just gets rough sometimes. I want to be a mother and wife more than anything, but I don't want to rush and pick the wrong person. So, you're right be patient! :-)

Thu Mar 02, 04:42:00 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

You can have one of my kids if you like.

And you owe me $5 for the referral.

Thu Mar 02, 06:14:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

I'll give you $5 when you give me $5 for introducing you to Dyckerson!

Thu Mar 02, 07:18:00 PM  
Blogger Chief Scientist said...

No one ever jumps to my blog from other places. When did misogynistic humor go out of style?

Thu Mar 02, 09:18:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Rev, wait as long as you can. Seriously.

I was 22 when I had my first and 29 when I had my last. I have more headaches, gray hair, and body pains than most 33-year-olds. Spontaneity is now a thing of the past.

I bulletproofed myself right after I had my youngest. The infant incubator has left the building.

Fri Mar 03, 08:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home