Monday, May 07, 2007

Doctor Who, Who?

My fellow blogging friends. I've suddenly realized something about myself... something I didn't want to face... something I was so afraid to share with anyone in fear of them thinking differently about me.

It took some time, some soul searching and a lot of prayer. After much meditation on this very important issue, I've come up with the courage to share with you, what I'm about to say...

Folks, friends, loved ones, I'm, I'm... My name is RevRee, I'm addicted to
Doctor Who and I'm a Sci-Fi Chick.

Listen, you can judge me all you want. You can look down at me with your pointy noses and say to yourselves, "Look at RevRee, she disgust me. The shame of it all, how will she be able to face her family ever again?, Does her pseudo boyfriend know about this?"


I've hidden this long enough and I think it's about time I come out shouting at the top of my lungs, in a scream of sheer pleasure, "I AM A NERD!!!"

I've been in denial about this for a very long time. It has slowly been creeping up to me, but It didn't occur to me until just recently when I started watching the newest seasons of Doctor Who.

I'm sure you're all trying to contemplate how this ever got started. Well, I think I can remember when it all began.

I was around the young age of 8 years old. Every Friday night, I'd tune in to the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) to watch a show called
"Doctor Who"

Back in the day, I was amazed, intrigued, thrilled and in awe over the infamous "Doctor". I wanted so badly to ride in that time machine called the "Tardis" (Pictured above) and see the universe! At that time, the "Doctor" was played by a much older actor named Tom baker. As you can see in the picture to your left, he wasn't the most attractive male...

Anyway, as I grew older, puberty, high school, sex, college, men, sex... took a greater roll in my life...you know how it is... ANYWAY, I stopped watching and slowly forgot all about the "Doctor" tucking him far, far away in my precious, imaginative, creative, mind...

Now, nearly 20 years later...yes I said 20 freakin' years, I've been awakened and my Sci-Fi chick juices are flowing and I can't seem to stop!

After watching the first and second seasons of the new Doctor Who, played by David Tennant, (pictured to your left) this guy, is fantastic! And I'm not just saying that simply because I might find him to be freakin HOT!!! I'd ride in his "Tardis" anyday... *cough*...

Look, all I'm trying to say is, I think I have a problem. I've already finished watching all of the newest episodes of
Doctor Who, I'm now in the process of watching, or have recently finished watching, TorchWood, Battlestar Galactica, The Lost Room and Heroes.

Is there an ending to this? I have no idea. Every night I can't wait to cuddle up on my couch, wrapped in my blanket and see what's gonna happen next in the sci-fi world.

I can't wait to have an in depth discussion with my pseudo boyfriend about Battlestar Galactica. It's gotten so bad, I'm embarrassed to say, I become slightly aroused when we have our sci-fi talks...

That isn't weird or anything, is it?...

11 Comments:

Blogger cyberhostage said...

Set my phaser to "stunned". I'm setting my time machine to "just before I discovered RevRee".

Sun May 06, 07:56:00 PM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

I agree. Sci-Fi? Did the evil white half totally take over? This is just like when Spock got all crazy and violent because it was Vulcan mating season.

Sun May 06, 08:00:00 PM  
Blogger tfg said...

The new Battlestar Galactica is the gayest thing since prison sex. An ex-gf forced me to watch that crap and I'm still scarred from it. The original BSG was much better, cheesy effects and all.

Sun May 06, 09:23:00 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

The Doctor with the scarf was clearly the coolest one. I never fully understood the show, but I had my secret-nerd-friend (a blog topic that's been shelved for too long) break it down for me each week.

Believe it or not, there was a day when I thought all I needed out of a girl was her to look good, and be willing to spark up a doob and watch old Star Treks with me.

When your pseudo-boyfriend can rev up your engine with a Battle Star Galactica dialog, I think he has transcended pseudo-status.

Hey, anyone remember Buck Rogers?

Sun May 06, 10:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Anyway, as I grew older, puberty, high school, sex college, sex..."

You went to sex college? How do you get into that?

And you are a freakin' nerd... Dr Who for crissakes? Are you kidding me? With the little K9 robot dog?

Mon May 07, 12:50:00 AM  
Blogger RevRee said...

cyberhostage: Welcome to my blog and I hope you enjoyed your stay, noob...

puerileuwaitedlahkdjhs: You can bet, my black side has nothing to do with my sci-fi obsession and arousal.

This is all the white side, believe me. What black person do you know, watches Doctor Who? Seriously.

tfg: Are you sure you're not scarred from the Darth Vader Mr potato head toy? That would really scare the shit out of me more then any sci-fi tv show.

Dr. Ken: I agree, the doctor with the scarf was pretty cool...but I had a major problem with this looks.

JDllizard: First of all, it's not nice to point out typos. But, since you did point out a fault of mine, I went ahead and fixed it.

Second, how is it you know so much about the K9 robot dog???

Mon May 07, 07:53:00 PM  
Blogger ADW said...

I used to be addicted to Buck Rogers and I was a closet fan of Hercules and Xena.. the Warrior Princess which is way worse than liking sci-fi, methinks.

Tue May 08, 12:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't pointing out typos, I thought you had actually gone to sex college, it made me curious. As for the robot dog, don't try to change the subject nerd!

Tue May 08, 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger Scary Monster said...

Can Me come over and play Jabba the Hut and princess Leia?

Me has the gold bikini.
SLURP!

PS You don mind being Jabba do you?

Wed May 09, 07:38:00 PM  
Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

There are some hot guys on Heroes. You don't have to be a sci-fi nerd to enjoy that show.

Sat May 12, 09:22:00 PM  
Blogger somewherein72 said...

That's a shock! Didn't have you pegged for liking the Doctor. I'm only watching it for Freema Agyeman. Yow, she's hot. Oh, and the stories are pretty good even if they do fall into that trap of building...building...building....SUDDEN RESOLUTION!

Fri Jul 06, 11:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home