Monday, February 26, 2007

Sense of smell

There's something to be said about our sense of smell. It has this amazing ability to alter our emotions in many situations.

I once read about a group of scientist that did this test with new born babies and their mothers. They first took a blanket from each of the babies cribs and had the mothers smell each piece of cloth and every single time, she knew which blanket was her baby's.

Then as each baby started to cry, they would take the child to let one of the mothers hold it. Once the actual mother of that child took it in to her arms, the infant would stop crying.

I think it's amazing how we can smell something and it can instantly calm our spirit, arouse our senses, stir our emotions, spark our memories, break our hearts or tickle our soul.

With all that being said, a while ago my "quasi" boyfriend gave me something that I think every girl should have if she's "seeing" someone. Something that will comfort you on those lonely nights when he's away...And maybe tempt him when he's there...

Every woman should get one of these from that special man in her life. I don't know if men understand how much we want one of these to keep in our bedroom.

This one thing can put a smile on our face and we'll ALWAYS think of him when we have this around...

The only problem is, sometimes they can kind of be a tight fit and you find that you might have to squeeze things together...

OK, I took a picture to try and give you a visual to maybe help you understand what I'm talking about...

There you have it. He gave me one of his t-shirts. It smells nice and it makes me smile! As I said, every woman should get a t-shirt from her man. We love that kind of thing, trust me.

WAIT, hold on, what did you think I was talking about?.... hahahha

8 Comments:

Blogger tfg said...

This is precisely the reason that I give Dutch Ovens to the women in my life.

Mon Feb 26, 05:20:00 AM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

I smell chocolate milk.

Mon Feb 26, 05:28:00 PM  
Blogger Baron Ectar said...

LOL nice reminder - when I find the one I will make sure she gets one!

Tue Feb 27, 01:48:00 AM  
Blogger Seals said...

I don't have much of a sense of smell, but my wife is almost intoxicating to me.

There's something to all that talk about pheromones.

Tue Feb 27, 12:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rev,
Turn up the heat in your apartment. It's OBVIOUSLY CHILLY.

On second thought, nevermind... just send more photos.

Tripe

Wed Feb 28, 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

You little minx, you. Nice THO, btw. Meeow!

Thu Mar 01, 01:18:00 PM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

Is that a bullet whizzin' past his head?

Fri Mar 02, 08:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kalleigh Hathaway said...

How odd, I thought you were talking about Dutch ovens too.

Tue Apr 10, 08:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home