Thursday, April 13, 2006

Quarter Life Crisis

It's amazing how society leads us to believe the fact that I'm almost 28 years old, I should be married and on my way to having my first, if not second child by now.

Just because I'm gonna be a year older and unattached, does that mean somethings wrong with me? Why should I settle? These types of thoughts have been haunting my mind recently and it's been pretty hard on me. I honestly think I'm having some type of quarter life crisis!

That being said, my 28th birthday is fast approaching. I thought I'd make up a list of things I should do before becoming an old maid... er, I mean turning 28 years old...

  • See the Ocean
  • Have sex on public property
  • Learn to play the guitar
  • Run a marathon
  • Make out in the rain
  • Go fishing at midnight
  • See a Major League Baseball game
  • Go to a Tom Jones concert
  • Go skinny dipping
  • Whatch the movie "IT"
  • Finish my Screenplay

These things I feel I need to accomplish before dooms day. They are subject to change at my will, I will probably be adding to this list as the weeks progress. I'm also open to suggestions... and threesomes....

Ok not really, but I had you going for a second, didn't I?....HA!

8 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

You could combine some of those and save some time. For example, have sex with Tom Jones in the ocean at midnight while it's raining.

Thu Apr 13, 07:47:00 PM  
Blogger jack said...

You've never seen the ocean? Interesting.

28 is not an old maid.

Unless you're a horse.

(Oh and thank for the kind words about my hands you left on my blog. I typed this comment with them, you know.)

Thu Apr 13, 08:08:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Jack- you actually typed that comment with those hands?? Now, that's fucking hot!

Dyck- I actually think you might be on to something...I'm gonna call Tom right now and see what he's doing this weekend!

Fri Apr 14, 11:25:00 AM  
Blogger The Errant Cook said...

Ok, I can totally understand several of those, like the ocean, guitar, sex on public property, rain, and skinny dipping. All good things, all fun.

But running a marathon? Singing the Messiah in a choir?

Honey, you're turning 28, not dying. I turned 28 almost 2 years ago. Trust me, it's not that bad. I am married, but I don't have any kids yet either, unless you count the 3 with fur.

One thing you should accomplish soon, if you haven't already: be able to feed yourself without the aid of any restaurants (sit-down or drive-thru), microwaves, or ready-to-eat. Can you cook?

Fri Apr 14, 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Skwerly- you're right! Running a marathon & Singing the Messiah in a choir, these are more like lifetime achievement goals.

I need to focus more on the other things on my list, like Having sex on public property or making out in the rain!

And, yes I can cook! My momma taught me right

Fri Apr 14, 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger tfg said...

You've lead a sheltered life, no?

Sun Apr 16, 04:19:00 PM  
Blogger Chief Scientist said...

I can't do anything about the public sex but I have season tickets to the SF Giants and it is near the ocean.

Oh wait, SEX at a Giants game would count, right? That is if you don't mind that I already did it once before.

Sun Apr 16, 10:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get yourself up here to the DC area and I'll buy tickets to the DC Nationals, we can make love in the bleachers (hopefully during a rain delay) and by the end you'll be singing "Hallelujah"...
Afterward we'll slide over US 50 to Rehobeth and we''l go fishing for blues and flounder at midnight!

Happy Birthday, girl!

Sun May 07, 03:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home