Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Strangers in the Night...

I was out of town this last week on business and one night I was standing waiting for the hotel elevator, heading back to my room. I find myself standing next to this very attractive man. His eyes were sky blue, his hands were amazing and he was a half & half like me! He turned and looked down at me (NO I wasn't on my knees! I'm only 5'2...so you know he had to look down cuz he was... taller)

Anyway, he smiled, and said "hello...". I of course being slightly shy, smile back and say my hello. We start talking, and all of a sudden he's telling me how cold his room was last night... me being totally clueless, start talking about the actual weather in general. We continue to talk in the elevator. Finally we get to his floor, he steps a little closer and says "It was very nice to meet you RevRee, maybe I'll see you again?..." I again flash my eyes up at him and smile, saying "Yes, I'd like that..." He walks off to his room.

Now I know what you're all thinking..."WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU ASK HIM OUT FOR A DRINK OR SOMETHING!!!???" Well, here's the deal, I'm stupid!

The next day, I'm standing in the hotel lobby talking on my phone with one of my chick friends. I was actually telling her about the attractive guy. All of a sudden, I see the guy, again! He's walking towards the door of the hotel, luggage in hand waiting for a cab.

I start freaking out, my friend "Sue" starts telling me I need to go talk to him. I keep saying "NO!, NO!" She finally says "Listen, I'm not hanging up this phone until you walk right up to that man and say something!!!" Finally I rustle up enough courage to walk up to him, hand him my business card with my little shaking hand. I say something really stupid like "ummm, I...I...I just thought I'd give you my card..." *LONG PAUSE* I just stand there with this blank look on my face, my cell phone in hand, WITH "Sue" still on the line!! He gives me this really big grin and says "Thank you RevRee, I...I have to catch my plane, but I hope to talk to you again..." and then the music started

"Watching every motion in this foolish lover's game
Haunted by the notion somewhere there's a love in flames Turning and returning to some secret place inside Watching in slow motion as you turn my way..."


Like that, he was gone.

12 Comments:

Blogger Chief Scientist said...

Granted, I travel a lot and it is different outside America, but women tell me dropping near a man something helps. It always worked with me. So give that a try next time. Men will always pick something up if you drop it.

I would never have gone out with anyone if they waited for me to make the first move. Ya gotta be aggressive if you want the big and pretty ones.

Tue Mar 28, 03:05:00 PM  
Blogger Cairde said...

Oh my god...I so hope he calls you, if only to live vicariously through you, as I am too much of a wimp to have done that. LOL. Goodluck, I am rooting for ya!

Tue Mar 28, 07:18:00 PM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Wow, I've never heard of a "working girl" with business cards! What are your rates??

Tue Mar 28, 08:50:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Dyckerson, for you...no charge...

Tue Mar 28, 08:54:00 PM  
Blogger Chief Scientist said...

I want a refund, then.

Tue Mar 28, 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Hank, you know it was well worth the money!

Tue Mar 28, 10:33:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Freakren darlin', I specifically looked at his hands...no ring! But, you could be right...it wasn't really about if he calls me. It's more about the fact that I actually did something out of my comfort zone!

Wed Mar 29, 12:51:00 AM  
Blogger tfg said...

I know many salesmen that lose their wedding ring as soon as they enter the airport.

Wed Mar 29, 01:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you love something let it go, if you want to scrump it brains out, tell it so.

Thu Mar 30, 03:52:00 PM  
Blogger 0000 said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW REV!!! w00t-w00t!

I'm so proud of you, kid. Cause what if he's the love of your life? And if he turns out to be some crazy, at least you'll have plenty of post fodder. ;o)

Thu Mar 30, 04:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tfg said...
"I know many salesmen that lose their wedding ring as soon as they enter the airport."

LOL!!

LOL! I know a lot of cops who seem to forget to put their ring on before coming to work.

Rev, don't you just hate when that happens!! I would have never thought of you as the shy type, though.

Thu Mar 30, 07:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chat room single Comparison and reviews of most popular dating services on the web. Simply choose the one most suited to you. Totally free trial memberships. Learn more. Please visit chat room single

Sat Nov 04, 02:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home