Saturday, October 22, 2005

Other Peoples Freaking Kids

Why is it that once someone has a child/children they begin to surround their entire life around that child. Now let me first state I want babies of my own one day. But honestly...I can't stand other peoples kids. Especially when they show off pictures, tell "cute" stories and talk constantly about their kids!

I don't mind a picture or two on your desk of your "cute" baby...but must you plaster your entire work area with pictures of every movement the child makes...I'm seeing screen savers with slides shows with MORE baby pictures!!! Why do these people insist on showing me pictures of their kid each time they get a new picture taken.

And Oh man, whats even worse it when the kids ugly. Let's face it people...some babies are just plain ugly. We can't help it, the baby can't help it and yes, it's sad....we can only hope the child grows out of their ugliness. Sometimes I panic when I know someones about to show me a picture of their child...I start thinking "oh lord, what if the babies ugly?" I never nor would I ever say anything mean or rude to someone about their baby, so I simply smile my best smile and say "awwww"

You can't have a decent conversation with these people anymore. ALL they want to talk about it how little Jack said his first swear word today and how damn cute it was. Or how little Ellie got into your makeup so she could be a princess....COMON PEOPLE!!! That's cute if its your child...but to me...it's annoying!

I can only hope that one day when I have babies, I won't fall victim to this phenomenon


Thank you, that's all

10 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

I feel your pain, dear Rev. At least your co-worker's babies are cute.

I've got a colleague at work who has the ugliest fucking kids I have ever seen. Honestly, I have never seen anything quite so offensive. I don't know how he eats lunch at his desk without vomiting.

Actually, I have another colleague with an even more grotesque child. This thing must have Down's Syndrome, a cleft palette, and several other undiscovered deformities. Funny thing is, the mother is fairly hot. Go figure.

Sat Oct 22, 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger ewink said...

If it makes you feel better, My upstairs neighbors have a baby who is VERY loud and loves to jump around.

And another neighbor has a kid who loves to call for the upstairs baby in the most ANNOYING high pitched voice EVER!

And of course they do this during the day when I am trying to sleep...

BAH!!!!

Sun Oct 23, 01:17:00 AM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Ewink, do your upstairs neighbors like to have sex at 7am on Sunday mornings???

Sun Oct 23, 09:52:00 AM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Whats wrong with a little 7am sex?

Sun Oct 23, 01:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have some real nice pics of my kids i would love to show you! hahaha. zoom zoom
G

Sun Oct 23, 11:47:00 PM  
Blogger Frank McBoob said...

Once when I was younger, I saw a baby that looked like the parents had beaten it with a waffle iron... pretty nasty.

I just stood there staring at it... wondering how it got to be so ugly.

Parents walk up to me... "Her name is Frances."

I say, "Oh... err... she's cute."

And their reply, "Oh yes... all babies are cute."

So perhaps when you have kids, you automatically think all babies are cute... when in truth at least a third of them look like they were pooped out Marlon Brando's dead butt.

Sincerely,
Frank U. McBoobv

Mon Oct 24, 01:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I'm okay with most offspring ooh and aww. Or maybe the people I'm around just don't do it enough to be annoying.

In their defense, I'll raise the point that they may be trying to show of their photography more than their baby. I know that will be my problem if I reproduce. I'm a big camera nut and I'll show you pictures of anything/ anyone.

That may be a good coping mechanism for you though - rather than worry about wx their baby is ugly - focus on the photography and if the kid is ugly you can say - what an interesting angle/was that a zoom lens?

Tue Oct 25, 05:42:00 PM  
Blogger Frank McBoob said...

You might be interested in the following link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-T-SHIRT-BUDWEISER-SLAMA-A-LAMA-A-DING-DONG_W0QQitemZ8347132035QQcategoryZ28022QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's your shirt! (kind of.)

Sincerely,
Frank U. McBoob

Wed Oct 26, 08:09:00 PM  
Blogger ewink said...

MD - They might. I'm not home yet, so I wouldn't know. Better not be you...

Thu Oct 27, 01:53:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Hahahahha Hushy, you crack me up!

You had me going there for a second!

Sat Oct 29, 04:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home