Saturday, October 15, 2005

Talk about embarrassing

Over 10 years ago, when I was the young age of 16, I went on a little road trip with a few friends. Actually it wasn't really a road trip, more like a pleasure cruise around town. It's what we called in my day "scooping the loop" or "Shagging the Drag". Anyway we all decided we wanted to stop for some ice cream.

As I'm driving I have 2 very talkative 15 year olds sitting in the back and I had one loud mouth sitting on the passenger seat right next to me. I of course being the observant leader type am listening to these girls whine, rant and rave about their so called "love life". "what is wrong with me?", "Why hasn't he called", "I can't eat ice cream, I'm too fat", "I'm never going to find a man"... blah blah BLAH!

We finally get to the ice cream shop drive throu...We're sitting waiting in line. They're still going on and on "Is there something wrong with me?", "Maybe I need to call him", "Maybe I should slip him a note", Do you think this shirt makes me look fat?"... All of a sudden they were all talking so loud, I become overwhelmed and irritated. I pull the car forward to the order window, stopping my car I turn around saying as loud as I possibly can at the top of my lungs "WOULD YOU ALL JUST SHUT UP!!!! I'M 16 YEARS OLD AND I'VE NEVER BEEN KISSED!!!!!!!"

Right then I suddenly knew what I had just done as I hear "Ummm...my I take your order please.......?" Complete silence. I mean you could hear the proverbial pin drop...then all of a sudden laughter, uncontrollable laughter. Everyone in the car starts screaming like the little girls we were and laughing. Yes I even laughed too...I mean what the hell was I suppose to do? I was trapped! Finally after so much laughing, we order our ice cream. I pull up to the window to pay and I see the shop is full of people, everyone in the store was looking at me through the drive up window and they were laughing! Every damn person in that store was looking at me and laughing! I of course kept my cool, acted like nothing was wrong, paid for the ice cream and squealed off. I'll never forget that day....true story.


P.S. Just a side note...since this story took place, I have been kissed...

4 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Would you like fries with that?

Sat Oct 15, 06:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"am listening to these girls whine, rant and rave about their so called "love life". "what is wrong with me?", "Why hasn't he called", "I can't eat ice cream, I'm too fat", "I'm never going to find a man"... blah blah BLAH!"

I often hear 26 year olds talk this way too. Must be in the ice cream. ;-)

Mon Oct 17, 07:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"P.S. Just a side note...since this story took place, I have been kissed..."


By the icecream man?

Mon Oct 17, 07:19:00 AM  
Blogger RevRee said...

I've kissed "dyck" before...

Tue Oct 18, 01:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home