Monday, October 17, 2005

#1 CRUSH

Why is it that when we like someone/have a crush all of a sudden we as humans become completely stupid and basically brain dead? I've talked to quite a few people, both men and woman and have found that this strange sickness does not discriminate against sex, religion, age or race. When we find ourselves attracted to someone, we lose all ability to think clearly, speak intelligently, or act "normal" in a social setting. Just so we're all on the same page a little info on what a "Crush" is

Just as our bodies grow as we get older, so do our feelings. They change and mature as we become adults. A crush is a word used to describe special feelings you have for another person, a classmate, friend or co-worker that you really like - a lot!

Here's some example phrases I've seen and heard, yes some of these I've fallen victim to spitting out when having a crush on someone.

*We should mate...(ok, that one just cracks me up, it's from a movie, but I'm sure someone out there has slipped up and used this)

*Brad ran a marathon...(she suddenly blurts out of the blue in a group setting with Brad sitting right there)

*Wow, this computer is older than me...ha ha ha (female says to male crush and she's thinking to herself, wait a minute I'm not even that old, why the hell did I just say that?? STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!)

*So, do you like stuff?(she says alone in the elevator with said crush)

*Yeah, I make a lot of money...(He says when she says hello)

*I have to tell you something very important...I want to be on you(she says looking at her co-worker dreamily)

*Can I follow you?(He ask, said crush as she gets up to use the restroom)

*Wow! Are those real?(He askes when meeting said crush for the first time)

Hi, my name is "Sue" I like peanut butter(She says quickly when introducing herself to said crush)


I'm sure most of us can think of a few lines and phrases that we've said in the past when having a crush, so you get the idea.

Remember, when you see your crush, a part of you might feel embarrassed, you might want to run away and hide, your face feels hot, your cheeks get red and you feel speechless or tongue-tied. Sometimes our crushes sneak up on us and WOW! Who was that? Noticing your crush is an exciting time in life so enjoy it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Hmm... Face gets hot, cheeks turn red, speechless??

Are you sure you're not having a stroke?

Mon Oct 17, 04:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) Thanks, Rev. Now.....

..."lose all ability to think clearly, speak intelligently, or act "normal" in a social setting."

But this is how I am naturally. Should I be worried??

Tue Oct 18, 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Little Lamb said...

I've had lots of crush's in my time. When will it ever end?

Tue Oct 18, 06:23:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Lamkins, the crushes will never end until your last breath. But, on the bright side...well...I'm not sure if there's a bright side...

Rain, If you're experiencing the inability to think clearly...my guess is, He must be super hot and you're suffering from sexual tension

Tue Oct 18, 09:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home