Thursday, October 18, 2007

Bloggers, I'm real sorry that I haven't been updating my blog to your liking. Things for me have been pretty uneventful and very boring. So much so, that I fear I've fallen in to a slight depression...

I honestly don't have a lot going on in my life at this time. I will be honest with you though, I think it has to do with the fact that I hate my job and I hate this god forsaken town and I want out.

When I lived back in my home state, I had things going on in my life, I had stories to tell, people to talk to I'd go out with friends all the time. This sucks!

Sometimes I just wanna give up and go back home so my momma can give me a big hug and tell me everything will be alright. I miss her hugs.

But alas, I am here and will remain here until I find a way out. This is where my big announcement was going to come in to play. I had applied for a very, very prestigious job in a much bigger market and I had been asked to interview with them.

This is not an opportunity that comes along everyday. So, hell yeah I went to the interview! I mean, who refuses a free plane ride, hotel and free food? No one

Anyway, it's been well over a month since I had my big chance (interview). I've gotten one email telling me that "the position is still open, they are still doing some research/paper work and they will be in touch." WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN???

Seriously, I feel like I'm being led on like a giddy, innocent freshman girl in high school and the jokes on her HA HA HA! I mean, would it be so hard for them to simply tell me if I got the job or not? At least if I knew I didn't get the job I could start taking action with plan B.

I think part of the problem is that I honestly don't like the city I live in. I don't like my boss, actually I hate him. But as "they" say "he who angers you, controls you". So, I can't allow that to happen. I can't allow him to have any control over me. I will fight, I must!

I will not give up! I refuse to give up and let the "man" win! I'm a grown ass, independent, professional, woman and I will prevail!!! Can I get an AMEN!!!

Well, ok, ok! Maybe I'm overreacting a bit. I mean, I am at the end of my menstrual cycle and I could just simply be overly emotional, paranoid and slightly aroused...

Stop looking at me like that!

14 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

I hate to be the one to tell you, but they offered my the job instead. Also, your mother has taken you out of her will.

Thu Oct 18, 07:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you hate where you're at, then get out of there. Besides if you were in your "home state" I could drive over and say hi in person, my hugs aren't bad either,... or so I'm told. Seriously if you hate it, you're the only one who can change it.

Fri Oct 19, 01:02:00 AM  
Blogger jali said...

How did you know I was looking at you like th...
Oh. (whistleing) never mind.

It'll pass - you'll have a great job and great new friends in just a little while.

Believe.

Fri Oct 19, 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Sassy Blondie said...

Rev-Been there, my friend. Hang in...something will come along. And play mean jokes on your boss anonymously. I swear it will make the days go more quickly! Good Luck!
XOXO

Fri Oct 19, 01:36:00 PM  
Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

"What the fuck does this mean?"

It means that they've been dragging their feet on selecting anyone and they don't want to admit they're being lazy. What it does NOT mean is that you've been eliminated as a candidate.

I don't know where you are, but if you were in my town I'd take you out for several adult beverages.

Fri Oct 19, 08:50:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

~Dyckerson: Leave my mother out of this!

~jdllizard: Thank you for the encourging words! Although I will not leave until I have a plan in place.

~Jali: "Believe" I like that, short, simple, with a whole lot of meaning!

~Blondie: Anonymous mean jokes on my boss...I like the way you think! Any suggestions, let me know ;-)

~Effortlessly Average: I could really go for some adult drinks, right about now, then maybe everyone could go streaking!

Fri Oct 19, 11:09:00 PM  
Blogger The Middle Lifer said...

As soon as I get my 15 million, I'll have a job waiting for you, and I promise it will pay better than Dyck.

Sat Oct 20, 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Crashtest Comic said...

Amen!

Never give up--

Sun Oct 21, 07:45:00 AM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

Leave it to me (and effortlessly average too) to be the Pollyanna - oops, I mean "Puglyanna" - here.

Every town starts out as a small town. Perhaps in a scant 20-40 years, your town can blossom into the next Metropolis!

If it's any consolation, I currently have you in the running for no less than a half-dozen positions, and very much look forward to being in touch and maintaining contact.

Sun Oct 21, 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

Sounds fun, huh? I could use several adult beverages myself. Where are the people who just want to get together and have a few laughs?

Mon Oct 22, 04:11:00 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I had no idea you were so bummed.

: (

Hang in there. Maybe Tulsa will grow on you . . .

Mon Oct 22, 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger SpongyBones said...

Rev, did you take that Midol I was telling you about. Oh and try to follow that advice on masturbation. I know that it will come through for you> (just kidding)

I hope that you get the job. I really do. But if you don't, you know that it's because there's something better coming along and that it isn't meant to be.

Hang in there sunshine!

Tue Oct 23, 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Maybe you should send those job people a picture of your boobs...cuz they are great!..then they would hire you! They would be obsessed with them too....who wouldn't? except for dyckerson...I think he likes boys.

Hope you get the job!!!!

Thu Oct 25, 05:51:00 AM  
Blogger Crashtest Comic said...

it's my freaking birthday!

Fri Oct 26, 03:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home