Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Sick and Twisted Joke

Isn't it funny how life is? Why is it that when you meet someone you're drawn and attracted to, they're either

A)Already Dating someone

B)Married

C)Not interested

D)Far away

Then, just to make things fun and interesting, you've got someone who's found themselves attracted to you. But you're not interested. What kind of sick & twisted joke is this that life is playing on us? I mean, have you ever found yourself attracted to someone, there also seems to be an attraction to you from them. Only to find out they're one of the above options. Don't you just feel like you're not only the biggest fool but also a complete loser!

How is it that one person can feel so strongly for someone, and the other person couldn't care any less if you live or die. Is there something in the water to make this simple fact so true? When does that exact formula work? When two people are free and clear from any type of relationship, attracted to each other and everything just slips into place.

How do people find that someone? I have no idea...I thought I found it once or twice. But as you can see, that was just another sick & twisted joke by fate.

Sometimes, I wonder if God is looking down on us and thinking "I wonder if I do this, how will he/she react... HA HA HA, let's try it and see..."

I honestly don't believe God is mean and wants us to suffer, but sometimes, what else could it be??? Are we doing something to prevent that someone from coming into our lives?

Is it because we're blinded by the stresses of life, we don't see a person for who they really are? Are we so obsessed by someone else that we miss the true person for us? Are we so desperate to find that someone, we miss out on the joys of life all together? How do you know when it's right? I've asked that questions before, I always get the same damn answer " You just know...It's just....right"

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN??? "you just know" I'd like to believe that's true, but sadly as I continue in this life, It becomes less and less believable.

Anyway, enough pouting, I need a drink!

* Side note, a new member to my blog network! Welcome
  • Blog Portland
  • 11 Comments:

    Blogger Jay said...

    Sometimes in this situation it feels like no matter what you do, you're going to get shit on. What I've noticed in my 26 fruitful years on this planet is that things tend to work out as they should. If you and this attached gay guy who lives across the country were meant to be part of each others lives, then it will happen.

    Then again, the universe doesn't mind if you give things a shove in the right direction every once in a while.

    Wed Dec 14, 06:34:00 PM  
    Blogger Jay said...

    Oh, and thanks for the add!

    Wed Dec 14, 06:52:00 PM  
    Blogger RevRee said...

    Just so everyone is clear on this! I AM NOT ATTRACTED TO A GAY MAN! I think you read that wrong Portland hahahahha! Actually, I don't think I've ever been attracted to a gay man. But, anythings possible, right? hahahah


    Thank you!

    Wed Dec 14, 08:11:00 PM  
    Blogger RevRee said...

    OK I fixed it!

    Portland, glad to have you in the blogging network! By the way, where's my link? ;-)

    Wed Dec 14, 08:29:00 PM  
    Blogger Ryan said...

    There is nothing more attractive than a woman who wants nothing to do with me.

    If a woman likes me, it is a sure sign she has mental problems

    Thu Dec 15, 12:10:00 AM  
    Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

    RevRee said...
    Just so everyone is clear on this! I AM NOT ATTRACTED TO A GAY MAN!


    I'll vouch for Rev on this one. Now how about we go shopping for turtleneck sweaters and Christmas decorations??

    Thu Dec 15, 09:40:00 AM  
    Blogger Jay said...

    You're link is up, although it's not quite as impressive as the one you gave me.

    I wasn't trying to say that you are always attracted to gay men, but things happen, gaydar fails, and you can't control who you fall for. And maybe your instincts are wrong anyway. Just because a guy wears pink doesn't make him gay, does it? Oh, wait, I guess it does.

    Thu Dec 15, 11:11:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wait ... turtleneck sweaters make you gay??? Hmmm. For turtleneck sweaters: me and Steve McQueen. Against them: well, who can be against them?

    But Rev, I wasn't going to ask if you were attracted to a gay man. I was going to ask if you are really, really ugly. Because otherwise not being able to get your man makes no sense.

    Thu Dec 15, 12:43:00 PM  
    Blogger RevRee said...

    Hahahha you all suck!

    Hank, I'm not ugly nor do I think I'm unattractive. But, sometimes it's not about getting laid, it's about finding someone that I enjoy being with, have a lot in common with, good conversations these things plus amazing sex!

    Thu Dec 15, 01:24:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Being back in the singles game after 6 years of marriage, I'm noticing I don't have the "game" I had back then. I'm running into a lot of what your talking about. I find someone attractive but they don't reciprocate the feeling. Yet there's another couple women who think I'm "beautiful", who I could care less about.

    I think we all have our standards too high. Everyone is hoping to get the guy/gal who is out fo their league.

    Is it time to settle?

    Oh, and maybe you need to hear this - Everything is going to be alright.

    Fri Dec 16, 08:25:00 AM  
    Blogger Gadzie said...

    You forgot one.. E) Just wants to be friends.

    Been down that road way too many times.

    Sun Dec 18, 05:50:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home