Sunday, December 18, 2005

Hey Everybody, let's go Sledding!

When I was 10 years old, I had a crush on this 14 year old boy. One day me, my sister and 2 older brothers, all went sledding with another group of boys.(one being my crush at the time) He came up to me, and says "Hey RevRee, wanna go down the hill in my sled with me? I'm in complete shock I just look up at him in awe! Finally I say...."uh huh... (I was kinda shy back then)

He says, "ok get in, I'll get behind you" I hop on the sled he gets behind me and tells me "now we're going to go over that ramp down there and when I say get out...jump off! or we're going to hit the water." At that point, my blood runs ice cold, I'm in total terror! (NO ONE TOLD ME WE WERE GONNA JUMP A DAMN RAMP!!!) Before I had any time to change my mind, he puts his arms around me, holds on to the rope, then someone, I have no idea who, pushes us! We start down the hill at warp speed!!!

I start screaming, he's laughing...Suddenly we come to the "ramp"! To the right I see another kid going for the SAME "ramp" at the same time!!! SHIT!!!!! We collide. I see bursts of light all round me... I fly, he flies and the other kid flies. I land with my back arched over this mound of snow that was used for the so called "ramp". Just then, 4 people come sliding over the top of me! BOOM, BOOM, BAM, SPLAT! I just laid there I couldn't move.

My older brother comes charging down the hill, he runs over, he's says "what the hell were you doing? Are you ok??? I'm still laying arched over this "ramp" I just couldn't move. He says, "can you get up? I say "n..o" He grabs me by my jacket and carries me like a bag of potatoes back up the hill. I get back up to the top, my brother wouldn't let me play anymore. I was done. I hurt my tail bone a little bit, though nothing was broke.

The good news is, I can still arch my back today!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Isn't this the plot from "A Christmas Story"?

Sun Dec 18, 09:02:00 PM  
Blogger Gadzie said...

"You'll shoot your eye out!"

Sun Dec 18, 09:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

This story had a way better ending than I thought it was going to. As soon as you said he got on the sled behind you, I assumed his next move would have involved something that 14 year old boys think about a lot more than 10 year old girls.

Mon Dec 19, 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Frank McBoob said...

They called you RevRee back then?

That's strange.

Sincerely,
Frank U. McBoob

Mon Dec 19, 05:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come you don't arch your back for me?

Tue Dec 20, 05:23:00 AM  
Blogger Enforcer said...

Revree,
Your new nickname is Crash.
I could almost picture a line of little kids sledding down the hill and up and over you.
At least we know your a toughie tho.
And there is something to be said about a good back arching....

Tue Dec 20, 10:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home