Saturday, December 23, 2006

Blast this Christmas music. It's joyful and triumphant...

So, this Christmas will be my first Christmas away from friends and family. It won't be so bad, as I have to work both days. Yes, folks there is no holiday in broadcast news.

Someone very close to me has given me a gift which he gave me a week ago...I'll tell you, it's the hardest thing not to just rip that package open and see what wonderful presents he's gotten me!!! I look at it everyday with lustful, hungry eyes, hoping that it will some how speak to me, giving me some type of hint as to what's inside! Every, single, day, my friend reminds me "REVREE, STEP AWAY FROM THE BOX!"


Yes, if you were wondering, I did get him a gift too...but because the UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE sucks, his package is lost someplace in Colorado! That's right, it's buried in 10 feet of snow in the mountains, I imagine. I'll tell you what, those "confirmation numbers" you get when you send a package, are worthless!!!! They don't confirm shit!

What about that saying, "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" YEAH RIGHT! I swear, if that package doesn't make it I'll...I'll...I'll.. I'll probably do nothing but it will really upset me! GRRRRROWL!

Anyway, I finally had to put my special little package away until Christmas, so it would stop taunting me.

My mother has said she will call me when everyone at home is about to unwrap gifts...I guess I'll sit and listen as all the kids scream and everyone has a great time without me. Then I'll hang up, go pour myself a bottle of really harsh wine and watch The Grinch....


MERRY CHRISTMAS, ONE AND ALL!!!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Rev.

Sat Dec 23, 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Show me your box and I'll show you my package!

Sat Dec 23, 01:58:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Dyckerson, how about this Box?

Sat Dec 23, 03:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MerryChristmas Rev,Im working too, pass the bottle this way

Sat Dec 23, 07:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are all by your lonesome this Christmas. Thanks for the Dick in a Box link! Everyone has been telling me about it, and it is damn funny. Those guys watched a lot of late 80's/early 90's videos like Bell Biv Devoe and Color me Badd. Sitting on the basketball rim is a archetypal move from that era. Merry Christmas, Rev!

Sun Dec 24, 11:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AN archetypal not A archetypal. Damn, I hate when people f up when to use a and an. Darn!!

Sun Dec 24, 11:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Rev. Wishing you all the best.

Mon Dec 25, 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I got here too late... all the good "package" and "dick in a box" jokes were already used.

Merry Christmas anyway!

Tue Dec 26, 01:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, RevRee

Tue Dec 26, 01:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, RevRee

Tue Dec 26, 01:48:00 PM  
Blogger Crashtest Comic said...

(why am i picturing you in a santa hat & heels?)

Wed Dec 27, 09:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home