Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Would you like a Moist Towelette?

I want to first express to each of you how sorry I am that I've recently been neglecting my blogging duties. I've actually got exciting real life stuff going on! I know, it's amazing and almost unbelievable, huh?

Anyway, as I'm beginning the horrible process of packing all my crap up, throwing away as much as possible for my big move, I've noticed something about myself.

Something slightly disturbing, yet very unique. I was going through some of my old purses and in each of them I kept finding stacks, upon stacks of Moist Towelette! in case you missed that, yes I did just say, Moist Towelettes!

Folks, I can't seem to get enough of them! The way they feel on my little hands, that lemon scent, it's like an aphrodisiac!!!!! I just want to bathe in it! Why don't they make a body splash or perfume smelling of this wonderful aroma!!! Yessss YESSS!! OH GOD YES!!!!!... (Sorry, I got a little carried away there for a second...*cough*)

What I'm trying to say is, I think I have a serious problem. Whenever I go to any restaurant, I become this kleptomaniac monster when it comes to these masterfully designed pieces of moist cloth. I slip my hand deep, deep down into the container, bowl, bucket, whatever, slowly warping my fingers around as many as my hand can hold and I stuff them in to my purse. I don't stop there, I actually go back in for more!!! It's sick I tell you!

Most of the ones I'm finding in my abandon purses have dried out and no longer contain that sweet, sweet tingly scent. I actually thought I could save them by dripping just a little water to try to revive and bring them back to life. But, it just wasn't the same, It had lost it's luster...

If that's not troubling enough for you, this is just one of the 2 very weird obsessions I have. Next time I'll tell you about my passion for scotch tape. You won't want to miss that!

13 Comments:

Blogger The Errant Cook said...

You think that lemon scent is good...I often shove the Cascade dishwasher soap bottle up my nostrils and breathe deeply. XD

Tue Oct 24, 04:30:00 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I can relate. Those things are great to have on hand when you get a case of the scoots.

Tue Oct 24, 04:56:00 PM  
Blogger Crashtest Comic said...

The first step in solving your towelette problem is admitting you have one.

Tue Oct 24, 05:42:00 PM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Are you sure those weren't condoms? The packaging is the same...

Tue Oct 24, 05:43:00 PM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

Sure! But I'd prefer a moist crease instead.

Tue Oct 24, 09:18:00 PM  
Blogger tfg said...

You can actually use them as condoms, provided that you dip them in alcohol first.

Tue Oct 24, 09:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe that's a girl thing. I have a marketing person who always has those things. How do I know? Because Starbucks can't make a damn lid that seals properly and I consistently get a drop of my delicious mocha dangling off the edge and, eventually, onto my shirt.

And then she gives me a moist towelette. Or a Shout spot thingie ... one of those two.

Wed Oct 25, 01:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moist towlettes do indeed rock. But Revree, have you tried Purell Instant hand Sanitizer? Not to sound like a Purell spokesperson, but man that stuff is really awesome - better than a moist towlette.

Wed Oct 25, 12:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with cash on that - damn lids.

Shout wipes save me every time.

Wed Oct 25, 12:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rev,
Anyone who hangs around Mighty Dyckerson as much as you needs as many Moist Towelettes as she can get her hands on. In fact a purse sized can of Lysol wouldn't hurt either.

Tripe

Wed Oct 25, 05:47:00 PM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

Ahem, where u at?

Thu Oct 26, 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

This is a fine post.

Mon Oct 30, 04:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a pulled pork sandwich tonight at a bar/restaurant and I was pining for a moist towlet. If only revree were with me, with her purse full of them . . .

Mon Oct 30, 11:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home