Saturday, November 18, 2006

New girl in big city, needs friends

As most of you know, I've moved to a brand new state. I've been here a total of 4 days now. Listen, I don't mean to appear as though I'm a big cry baby...ok FINE I'm a big baby! GOD! What the hell am I suppose to do around this place???

It's not THAT bad, I honestly do like my new state. The people are real nice, I love my new apartment, I bought a new TV and got a brand new living room set! And the city is super easy to get around...I just need to find out where all the "cool" people are...

So, I thought I'd ask you, my humble blogging friends for some suggestions on how to find new friends. I know, I know, I can begin to "hang"with the people I work with, and I will attempt to do so... actually some of the people I work with are so freakin HOT, I have to watch myself....Seriously, the men here are smokin'! Every place I go in this damn city, I see hot men. I'm not complaining, I swear, it's just a bit overwhelming...thats all. It's hard being turned on all day...

Anyway, I've come up with a "list" of ideas on how to meet some people, let me know if you have any suggestions!

  • Take a class at a local college(fresh meat)
  • Join a Pentecostal church
  • Whore myself on Myspace
  • Post an ad in the newspaper (New girl in big city, needs friends...)
  • Take a pottery class
  • Become a bar fly
  • Walk the street corners
  • Join a gym
  • Get myself arrested
  • Volunteer for some organization
  • Faint while in a restaurant and hope people will notice
  • Ask the cable guy out
  • Go to a shooting range
  • Rent a dog and take it for a walk
  • Go streaking
  • Flirt with the roofers at my apartment complex

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good lick I was in the same position a few years back but NYC became a beloved friend. My advice just be happy! people flock to happy people.

Sat Nov 18, 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger flipphead said...

I would suggest looking for friends at either the library or strip clubs - you meet the same type at both places.

Sat Nov 18, 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger tfg said...

Why don't you split the difference and whore yourself in a Pentecostal church?

Sun Nov 19, 12:09:00 AM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Find out if there's a Restless Legs Syndrome support group in your area.

Sun Nov 19, 07:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about the local homeless shelter?

Oh damn, I just read flipphead's comment, and remembered that a library is the same thing (only with Internet access ... after all, how do you think I stay in touch?).

Sun Nov 19, 08:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Serious Comment: Try joining as an independent person on a sports team like volleyball or softball. It's a great way to meet people during the games, and then people often go out afterwards.

Not-So-Serious-Comment: I remember a post you did about a month or two ago when you went into a bar alone. You met an interesting guy that night. Crazy but interesting. Crazy IS interesting; you have to admit that.

Sun Nov 19, 07:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try all your options...one of them has to work!!!

Seriously, don't stress over it. You'll make friends

Mon Nov 20, 03:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job Girl. I dont know where you are but call me sometime let me know whats happening.

7704035708
Jason Ryan
I am not afraid of showing my face.

Mon Nov 20, 04:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On your list you wrote

"Become a bar fly"

What do you mean BECOME.

Don't you mean "continue being?"

;-)

Enjoy your new life.

Tripe

Mon Nov 20, 04:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you find a way let me know! :) I'm new to the Boston area and going through the same thing...although "bar fly" sounds like fun to try!

Mon Nov 20, 08:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Go to a pottery class"

So, you want to meet a dead guy and hope he'll hold your hands as you spin a pot? Sounds kinky.

Tue Nov 21, 04:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Streaking is a good one. Always worked for me.

My other tip: drive around at night and when you pull up to a hot guy (or girl) just put 'em on the glass. That always worked for me too.

Wed Nov 22, 09:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home