Monday, November 14, 2005

YOU are still a grown-up!

Holiday season is approaching us quickly. As a single person, In the past I always had a rough time figuring out what I should bring to the big family dinner.

You know how it is...everyone around you is married with small children so all of a sudden they become grown-ups and like magic they know how to make all this domestic crap. Then the single people show up and we're forced to sit at the child's table. We're lucky if we get a big glass plate instead of the the small kiddy plastic plates.

We're asked about relationships and if there's anyone "special" in our lives at the moment. And of course the answer to that question is usually no.(But thank you for bringing up a painful subject and making me feel like a loser!)

When the big family holiday meal is being planned, at least in my family everyone is assigned something to bring. Everyone, except the singles. We're never asked to bring anything. We ask if we can bring anything and the answer is always something like "Oh NO honey, you just bring your self. Let us take care of the cooking. It's a treat to just have you with us"

Why is this? I'd be the one more likely to have time to make some really awesome dish. We don't have to deal with the kids or "married" people crap. So, why NOT ask us to bring something???

In the last few years, I've started bringing something anyway, damnit! I've come up with the perfect dish. This fast, easy and painless dish has quickly become the hit of the holiday season! It's now requested of me to bring my famous tasty appetizer.

You're probably wondering what in the world is this amazing dish??? Well, I'll tell you! Not only will I tell you, I will give you the tools to make this a surprising success for your next holiday dinner. I've created my very own recipe after many, many hours of testing. This dish has the perfect blend of herbs and spices that will leave your mouth watering and asking for more!

Cocktail Smokies in Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce ~ RevRee
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 (1 lb.) pkg. Hillshire Farm Lit'l Smokies (or your name brand of choice)
1 (18 oz) Bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ Sauce
1 (tsp) Onion Powder
1 (tsp) Salt
2 large (tbs) Brown Sugar
Mix ingredients
Cook in crock pot for 30-45 minutes on medium low and serve.

Now you have the tools to amaze the minds of your friends and family. Next time when you're told you don't have to bring anything for dinner, bring something anyway! Demand it! Show them you're willing and very able.

Just because you eat out every night, have no children, no Boyfriend/Girlfriend, still rent and do your laundry at mom and dads house... Stand proud and know, YOU are still a grown-up!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Them lil' wieners look mighty tasty! I can't wait to sink my teeth in one!

Mon Nov 14, 02:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, LOL!!! Yes, I got the same comment for years. "Oh, you don't have to bring anything, just bring yourself." Now, finally, I've been assigned to bring the dessert at all holiday/birthday functions.
Thank you for the recipe, but I'm still not cooking. Would you mind cooking them for me, and then sending them to me in a care package? You did say you were bored, right?

Mon Nov 14, 05:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Join the club(i am making shirts), I am bringing stuffing for 15. WTF like I have room to in my tiny apartment to make stuffing for 15!!!!

Tue Nov 15, 12:05:00 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

My Lit'l Smokey serves one and even then they are left feeling pretty empty and unsatisfied

Tue Nov 15, 12:12:00 AM  
Blogger Frank McBoob said...

I don't know Revree.... the kiddie table seems to fit you...

http://thefuhrmans.com/images/2000-11-23_t-giving_kiddie_table.jpg

Are you the one of the left?

Sincerely,
Frank U. McBoob

Wed Nov 16, 04:57:00 PM  
Blogger RevRee said...

Bwhahahahhaha Frank, you crack me up! Yes, thats me! ;-)

Wed Nov 16, 07:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home