Tuesday, September 09, 2008

THE HOT BOX

Hello my dear blogging friends! I know it's been quite a long time since my last post. Once again I'm sorry about that...it's just been a crazy year and I haven't had as much time as I did in the past.

Anyway, The title of this blog post it "THE HOT BOX" Now I'm sure many of you are wondering what in the wild, wild, world of sports this means?...

It actually started as a joke between me Phlip....see, in his bedroom, his bed is right up against the back and side walls... so, since It's his room and his bed, I agreed to sleep on the inside against the wall. I know I'm sweet like that...what? I am...

Well, little did I know, in the dead, heat of summer, it's blazing HOT on that side. Therefore, I, nick named it "The Hot Box". Catchy name, don't ya think?

After discovering the extreme heat conditions one has to endure while sleeping on this side of the bed, I said that maybe we should switch sides every other night...he laughed at me as though he ALREADY knew what it was like. But, he agreed to try it out for the night.

Around 3:00am, I have to get up to use the bathroom....I stumble out of bed, use the facilities and come back, thinking I'm gonna finished an amazing night of sleep with cool air all around me.

That wasn't the case...It's dark so I feel my way back to the bed and what do I find, but my MAN dead asleep on the cool side of the bed!!!!!

DAMN YOU!!!!! AHHHHhhhhh

I tap him and say "hey mister" He's like, "baby I can't do it, it's too HOT! besides I gotta get up early for work wayyyy before you do"

GRRRRROWL!!!

Ok, he sorta had a point, I didn't have to be to work until the afternoon...what? I work in Television, we keep odd hours.

So I crawled over him, ON purpose taking my time, as I got back in "The Hot Box" and fell asleep as sweat poured over my entire body all freakin' night. But, I'll tell you what, right when he got up for work I quickly rolled over on the cool side, sleeping like a little lamb as he kissed me goodbye before he left.

That night when I got to his place after work, he had a smile on his face, he kissed me and then declared that he had FIXED "The Hot Box", situation! He then explained to me that somehow there was some kinda air (hot air) leak coming up from the corner of the floor right below where I sleep....uh huh...

Guess what, he did fix it and I slept like a rock that night!...at least I think it was because of that...or maybe it was because of the blog post & picture below this one...*cough*

ANYWAY!! The point to this entire story is that one day I got all creative and decided to make an actual "Hot Box"! Crazy, right?

Well, it's still a work in progress, but it's an actual Box about the size of a book...I've been designing it with decoupage!......*cough* what?....

Ok, you know what, I'll just show you a pic!

That, my friends is the real life, "HOT BOX"! YES, it's real, YES I made it and YES I'm proud of it! Of course it's a work in progress...I wonder what I should put inside?...

*"BFFF = Best Fuckin Friends Forever"

7 Comments:

Blogger Sassy Blondie said...

Wow...what goes in there?

Wed Sep 10, 08:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rev,

So let me get this straight... the spot that he found is in your hot box?

And why are you sleeping together, you aren't married!

Tripe

Thu Sep 11, 08:53:00 PM  
Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

Good lord, the number of jokes I could make here seems limitless. For me, though, "hot box" refers to the last girl I nailed.

Fri Sep 12, 08:46:00 PM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

You should come over and sleep with me sometime. I don't have a hot box, but I do have dutch oven...

Tue Sep 16, 07:57:00 PM  
Anonymous AtlJason said...

put your weed in it!

AtlJason

Thu Sep 18, 09:48:00 PM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

I have more wood for your box.

Wait, that sounded dirty. Read it back to me. Ummm, okay. Let's go with it.

Thu Sep 25, 06:07:00 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

HOT BOX. That's where you keep your flaming hot crack rocks.

Sun Sep 28, 10:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home